Trending short sleeve linen shirt styles
Linen clothing is a wardrobe essential that you can count on season after season. Fresh in the summer and warm in the winter, linen is an all-year-round forever staple you’ll find yourself reaching for again and again. The iconic linen shirt is always on high rotation, from long sleeve shirts for workwear to short sleeve tops with the sleeves rolled up for the weekend.
Effortlessly sophisticated, our new in short sleeve linen shirts can take you from carefree and casual to smart and polished. Shop classic styles with a functional button through placket, rolled sleeves, cuff and collar in soft neutrals and bold hues for sunny days.
Discover our other linen staples at Sussan, including linen short sleeve tops, linen sleeveless tops and puff sleeve linen blouses that are feminine and on-trend.
Benefits of a linen shirt
A linen shirt is an essential for your core wardrobe, ready to mix and match with everything. Learn why the humble linen shirt is a must every season:
- Linen shirts are made from natural fibres that are sustainable, lightweight and breathable
- Linen clothing can regulate your temperature so that you stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter months
- Linen shirts and other linen pieces have a relaxed fit which can be dressed up or down
- Linen shirts are super versatile, easily layered over camis and tees or under soft knitwear
- Linen shirts are hypoallergenic and antibacterial with anti-lint properties
- Linen shirts are durable and can last a lifetime with proper care and washing
Short sleeve linen shirts in a variety of colours
Our linen shirts can be as bold or as basic as you want them to be with colours that blend in or stand out with your other loved Sussan pieces. Stay on top of Australian linen trends with diverse colours like:
- Spiced coral
- Frosted Grey
Linen vs linen blend
You can find pure linen fabric shirts as well as linen blend shirts that are crafted with another fabric such as viscose or cotton. A shirt that is 100% linen will be breathable, lightweight, moisture-wicking and very durable. Pure linen may be stiff at first but it will soon develop that gorgeous worn-in look that natural linen has and feel softer each time you wear it.
Linen blend shirts are typically soft from the first wear and are more resistant to creases. Depending on the blend, they may be less breathable than 100% linen.
Button-up linen shirts
Our 100% linen short sleeve button up shirts are certified best sellers at Sussan. They feature a classic collar and button through placket with a shirttail and centre back yoke for a touch of femininity. Pop our new arrivals onto your wishlist for later or checkout now with free delivery in Australia when you spend over $80 AUD.
Share your love of linen by surprising friends and family with a Sussan gift card! Our t&cs have all of the information you need about shopping with us online or in-store.
Pairing linen with linen
Linen and linen is one of those timeless combinations that always looks sophisticated and put-together. Style a white linen shirt with white linen pants for a fresh, carefree look or tuck it a linen top into a colourful print linen midi skirt for a striking contrast. Linen blouses are ready to take you on weekend adventures with linen culottes and casual shorts while a linen tunic left loose over wide leg linen pants has your resort outfits covered. Keep it basic with a plain linen tee paired with relaxed linen pants or elevate the look with a linen blazer and thoughtful jewellery.
How to style linen short sleeve shirts
Linen shirts have the unique ability to effortlessly carry you through the day and into the night with elegance and simplicity. Short sleeve shirts can be worn all year round with the right pieces.
- Style them under a linen blazer with full length pants for the office
- Layer them under a cute knit jumper or cardigan on cold days
- Unbutton them and wear them over v neck t-shirts and singlets with jeans or joggers
- Tuck them or tie them with a stylish skirt, such as one with a ruffle hem or shirred waistband
- Team them with linen shorts, a Panama hat and slides for warm days
- Contrasted with print bottoms, such as floral skirts and stripe pants
How to best accessorise when wearing linen
Our women’s linen shirts can be as simple or show-stopping as you want them to be. Both print and plain linen can be elevated with accessories. Here’s how:
- Keep it simple and sophisticated with delicate gold or silver jewellery. Think gold hoops, a chain bracelet or a chunky ring
- Contrast a plain linen shirt with a bold print scarf, tied around the neck Hollywood-style
- Slip on some Sussan sunnies with a natural sun hat and your white linen shirt. Pair with denim shorts and cute sandals for a beach-ready look
- Tuck a linen shirt into pants or shorts and add a woven belt for instant definition and style
- Add a staple handbag to take your linen shirt to the next level. To elevate your linen to casual chic, opt for leather or leather-look bags in neutral tones like black and brown
- Layer a floral wrap over a plain linen shirt and pants for an effortless day-to-night outfit
What are the benefits of linen shirts?
When it comes to core wardrobe staples, it doesn’t get more iconic than the linen shirt. Here’s why we love them:
- Linen shirts are highly absorbent and breathable to keep you fresh in the summer
- They can also regulate your temperature to keep you warm in the winter
- Linen shirts can be kept simple or dressed up for special occasions
- Linen shirts are hugely versatile, able to be styled as workwear, weekend wear, evening wear or even sleepwear
- Linen shirts are incredibly robust, able to last a lifetime when cared for properly
- Linen shirts won’t lose their shape and only get softer with each wash
- Linen clothing is eco-friendly and sustainable
- Linen clothing is hypoallergenic with anti-bacterial and anti-lint properties
How long do linen shirts last?
Linen clothing is much more durable than cotton clothing. In fact, with proper care, your cherished linen pieces could last decades or even a lifetime and beyond. To get the most out of your linen shirts and to maintain their quality, wash them on a gentle cycle with a mild detergent. Rinse thoroughly and avoid using bleach. Hang your linen shirts to dry naturally - white linen in the sun, coloured linen in the shade.