Denim is one of fashion’s hardest wearing fabrics. Looking after your denim is easy and following these few simple steps will keep your denim looking fresh, season after season.
- To preserve the life of your denim, you should avoid washing too frequently and if possible hand wash it in cold water.
- You should always wash your denim separately with similar colours.
- Denim should be washed in cold water with a mild detergent to preserve the quality of the material and avoid shrinkage.
- Always wash your denim inside out. The dye won’t rub against the metal of the machine and the colour won’t fade as quickly.
- Don’t use bleach on your denim, it can ruin the colour and damage the fabric.
- Avoid soaking your denim as it can cause fading.
- If your denim begins to sag in the knees or the seat, washing will tighten the threads helping it to get back to its original form.
- Always air dry in the shade to preserve the colour. Do not tumble dry as it can damage the colour and shape of your denim.
- Iron inside out with plenty of steam.
- When storing, hang denim with as few creases as possible to keep it looking fresh.
Always read and follow your garment’s individual care instructions.