SHACKETS - THE PERFECT THING TO FINISH OFF YOUR OUTFITS
The shacket delivers the combined benefits of a shirt and a jacket with effortless style. Ideal for layering, the must-have shacket tackles seasonal swings with quiet confidence - the wardrobe piece that’s not too heavy and not too light.
CHOOSING A SHACKET
Settling into the gap between shirts and jackets, women’s shackets can be worn as both a shirt and a jacket. Shackets are button-down shirts featuring an oversized design typically including:
- Wide cuts
- Double-breasted pockets
- Distinctive buttons for easy accessibility
- Big cuffs
Shackets have a loose flowing fit which can also be cinched at the waist with a belt or tie. Lengths vary from shirt length down to knee length, known as longline shackets. Fabrics may vary in weight, but are generally heavier than a lightweight shirt but lighter than a warm jacket.
THE BENEFITS OF SHACKETS
Set to become every-body’s wear-it-everywhere favourite piece this season, women’s shackets are a valuable staple with easy-going appeal. From day to night, the shacket will complete any outfit as a solo piece or layer up along with coats and jackets.
With the introduction of the shacket to women’s clothing collections, dressing for all seasons just became so much easier:
- For those days that are too cool for just a shirt but too warm for a jacket, the shacket is the go-to piece for layering over fitted short or long-sleeved T-shirts, casual shirts and dresses.
- Denim shackets travel from similar things with casual confidence and sunny style.
- Oversized checked shackets add interest to block colours with clean lines.
- Shackets work over a simple summer dress as a pair of dress shorts, your favourite pair of jeans, slimline pants or a mid-length or maxi skirt.
- Neutral tones such as bone or cream shackets go with just about everything in your wardrobe!
CHOOSING THE RIGHT SHACKET SIZE
Overshirts like shackets are designed with a loose fit to layer over tops and add a longer line through the body. Choose a shacket in your regular shirt and jacket size so that it fits perfectly across the shoulders, across the chest and in the arms.
WAYS TO WEAR AND STYLE SHACKETS
The multi-talented shacket is just as happy teaming up with slimline pants and dressy boots as a summer dress and low, strappy sandals paired with various wardrobe items, shackets can take the look from relaxed coffee-with-the-girls to serious style in the tweak of a button or belt.
- Add a pop to block-coloured fitted dresses, dress shorts or skinny jeans with a belted and boldly checked shacket - also a striking outfit when paired with wide-legged pants and heels.
- A black shacket can make the day-night transition with ease using accessories to ramp up the night-time sparkle.
- Wear a sophisticated pair of dress shorts and a shacket over your fitted shirt or tee. Coordinate your handbag, slides or sandals for the perfect finishing touch.
Shop online or visit your nearest Sussan store to find a shacket this season - you’ll wonder what you ever did without it.
TRENDING STYLES AND COLOURS THIS SEASON
Our best seller shackets are on-trend with the latest styles and colours to see you through each season. Discover plaid shackets in gentle blue and white hues for layering over relaxed denim and white tops or dress pants and a pretty blouse.
Longline shackets add a touch of sophisticated grace to any outfit and we have shackets in warm block colours to elevate everyday ensembles or complement a going-out dress.
Quilted shackets are this season’s must-have shacket. With a relaxed fit and modern look, these shackets are perfect for women-on-the-go and look just as good over activewear and loungewear as they do over fitted dresses, wide leg pants, denim shirts and more. Find them in easy-to-wear white and high shine toffee.
STYLING YOUR SHACKET
Like jackets, shackets come in all different styles and silhouettes for creating endless looks, from faux leather shackets and cord shackets for a night out to super soft wool blend shackets for everyday style. Our shackets can be styled with all of your Sussan tops and bottoms.
The loose fit and relaxed silhouette of a shacket pairs perfectly with leggings or stretch denim that hugs your curves and dressy blouses for everything from lunch dates to dinner dates. They can also be slipped over a midi or maxi dress as well as jumpsuits and playsuits with a nice bag.
On warmer days with cool evenings, style your shacket over a tee or singlet with a denim skirt for going out.
Quilted shackets fit seamlessly into your activewear collection and can easily be layered over loungewear tops and sweats for running errands, heading to the gym or unwinding at home.
LAYERING IS THE KEY
Shackets are made for layering which is what makes them an all-year-round favourite. Slip them over long sleeve tops and sweatshirts for a day-to-day style or use them as the finishing piece over jumpers, cardigans, vests and knitwear on chilly days. Shackets can even be layered over a blazer and shirt to keep you warm when you’re heading off to work.
Find your perfect shacket when you shop at Sussan this season. Add your favourites to a wishlist to buy later or checkout now with free delivery over $80 Australia-wide and free returns to any Sussan store. Want to be first-in-the-know about exclusive offers and deals? Become a Sussan VIP Member and gain access today!
WHAT SIZE OF SHACKET SHOULD I CHOOSE?
Sussan have shackets in inclusive sizes that flatter every body with sizes that range from an XXS to plus size shackets in XXL. Shackets are made to be loose-fitting and can vary in length and silhouette. To find your perfect fit, simply:
- Click on the ‘What’s My Size?’ icon next to your favourite shacket
- Use our handy measuring tips to correctly measure your bust, waist and hips
- Click on ‘Clothing’ to convert your measurements into Sussan clothing sizes
WHAT DOES A SHACKET LOOK LIKE?
Shackets are transeasonal outerwear pieces that blur the lines between shirts and jackets. A typical shacket will look like an oversized shirt but have the weight of a warm jacket to keep you snug on cooler days. Shackets can be longline down to the knees or sit shorter on the hips. When you need something dressier than a hoodie but lighter than a winter jacket or coat, our new in shackets will be your go-to favourite piece for layering over every wardrobe essential.