The Simple Appeal of Plain Dresses
Some days are red dress days. Other days are simply blue. There are little black dress days and long black dress days - and days when we just need a splash of colour in our lives. On all these days plain dresses lead the way with casual style and perfect simplicity.
What are the different types of basic dresses?
Call them plain or basic dresses, but really they’re anything but! While print dresses steal the show with stunning floral, spot, check or printed fabrics, plain dresses burst through ho-hum days with a rainbow of colour.
Plain dresses come to the party in a range of styles:
- Basic formal dress - the epitome of elegance in a wide range of colours
- Plain linen dress - featuring lightly textured fabrics in seasonal colours
- Plain Australian Cotton dresses - home grown casual style
- Basic black dress also known as the ‘LBD’ or the ‘little black dress’
- Basic day dress for easy everyday wearability
- Basic midi dress and basic maxi dress
- Plain dress with sleeves and plain sleeveless dresses